Friday, January 28, 2011

Creative Writing Piece

Author's note: I am not finished with this story, but here is what I have so far.  I need help thinking of a title and with opinions about what could be better. I have been working on this for a while and I  don't know which direction to take it.         


                                                               Chapter 1:Tessa

I'd never in my life broken a rule, but when I met him all that changed. I snarl at the approaching hunter. Most wolves would run from a hunter, but not me. I never run. I continue to snarl as the hunter circles me and the injured male wolf.

Tessa!

I look up and see my mate standing behind the hunter looking as if he had just seen  a ghost. I whimper as I feel the hunter slam the dulled end of the blade into my shoulder. The wolf I was trying to save growls and I see that he is standing and limping his way up to the hunter.

No! Don't do that!

I gasp hearing myself telling the injured wolf not to attack the hunter in his weak form. My mate howls and the hunter turns around  startled by the sound of a wolf right behind him. He stalks forward and before I can say anything he brings the blade of the knife down into my mate's head. I watch as the horror of what just happened sinks in. My mate the one I loved collapses on the ground and his body goes limp. The hunterjust as startled that he had killed the wolf ran off and didn't look back once.

No! Please! Please! I need you don't die on me!

No response my mate just wouldn't get up. I begin to cry. The injured wolf I had saved came over and nuzzled me trying to comfort me.

T-T-Tessa g-g-get o-o-out of here w-while you c-c-can.

I look down at my mate. He whimpers and tries to give me my favorite grin. I let out a pained cry as I set my head on my mate. My mate nuzzles me softly then lets out his last breath before his head hits the ground and his eyes roll back. Like most alpha wolves would do when they lost a mate  I let out a blood curdling cry.

Um.... excuse me but I just wanted to thank you for saving me.

I snarl at the injured wolf who cowered  and backed off. I looked down feeling really embarrassed about what I had just done. I sighed. The wolf looked at me curiously. He was leavin heading back to the forest and I didn't want him to so I did the only thing  that came to my mind.

Do you want to come with me to start a pack?

He looked at me a little startled by what I had just asked. As soon as I realized that I had basically just trown my self at him with words I cringed. I looked away feeling my blood start to boil with embarrassment.

I was going to ask you that but you snarled at me before I could ask.

I looked up and saw that the wolf was standing right beside me. I smiled my most flirtatious smile. Battted my wolf eyelashes and did my sexiest walk around him. When my tail was by his muzzle I made sure to whip it across in front of his eyes. He grinned and nipped playfully at my tail.

You are a lot more attractive than I thought you would be. My name is Alejandro, and who might  you be?

I gave him a devious grin nipping at his ear.He let out a playful growl and started laughing under his breath about how playful I was.

My name is Tessa. Nice to meet you Alejandro. I hope we can create the the best pack ever.

He chuckled and looked at me. His coat was black as the darkest nights. Then I saw his eyes, a deep golden yellow. I gasped. My breath was taken away the moment our eyes met.

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I can't believe you posted this XD Nice job, even though I've read it before, I like the fact that you aren't afraid to use different words that no one really uses on their blogs. Awesome~!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you I am known for my wide selection of words

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how creative you are. I always say this, and mean it, but I think you should continue this. The only thing that bothered me that almost every one does is that you didn't use commas at the appropriate times. I think that's the only thing you need to work on. Otherwise, this really drew me in and I hope to hear more of this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Arielle That's true XD

    @Natalie I agree a few commas where missing here and there

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really creative. I noticed that you're going from present to past tense throughout the story. Also, the word "I" is used a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please don't comment on how many times I use the word I because that is the point the main character is talking about herself so the word I is used a lot.

    ReplyDelete